Sunday, April 8, 2012

Event 6: 1st Place - Guo

$350 + $50 Omaha H/L 8B

 Yuebin Guo (Brooklyn, NY)
$6,417

Holding 3 6 6 8, Yuebin Guo hits a straight on the turn to win his second Borgata Spring Poker Open event in two days.  Guo beats George Gillis heads up who flops a set of jacks, but doesn't boat on the river.

"I've been running good and catching cards," says Guo who just won Event 3, the HORSE tournament ($10,863).

"I'm not afraid to put my chips in the middle," says the soft spoken native of Cantun, China. "I'm playing for first place and I'm not afraid to get knocked out."

Guo is a computer consultant who's focusing on playing more poker because business is down. So far so good as he's played four tournaments in 2012, cashing three times, including back-to-back Borgata titles. 

Guo has now won more than $17,000 in two events as he takes the Omaha H/L 8B for $6,417.

No comments:

Post a Comment