$350 + $50 Deep Stack No Limit Hold'em (Re-Entry)
Congratulations to our winner, Brian Ballentine (Liverpool, NY) who just beat out Matthew Graham (Huntington, WV) heads-up scoring $29,610.
Brian ran great practically wire to wire, but ran especially well at the final table. He just kept building on his lead catching two pair or straights seemingly almost at will. The funny thing was his opponents kept paying him off -- almost as if caught in some sort of poker trance.
With 323 entries for this one-day tournament all vying for their part of the $113,050 prize pool. On Friday, April 13th you would expect the field to be very afraid of Borgata regulars, including Jamie Kerstetter, Barry Leventhal, Adam Lippert, Matt "Muffins" Mazzeo, and Larry Gold.
The day began to wind down as chip leader Travis Greenawalt entered the final table with 500,000. However, his A-A was cracked by J-3 and Greenawalt exited in 8th place ($3,235).
The day ended with Brian Ballentine winning the Borgata Spring Poker Open Deep Stack No Limit Hold'em trophy along with a $29,610 payday, as he cut through the final six players like a hot knife through butter. Since Brian is currently in between jobs the money will be put to good use.
Final Table1. Brian Ballentine (Liverpool, NY) $29,610
2. Matthew Graham (Huntington, WV) $16,449
3. Richard Silvia (Manhasset, NY) - $10,198
4. Moran David (New York, NY) - $8,224
5. James Arvesen (Lebanon, NJ) - $6,560
6. Mickey Woll (Manahawkin, NJ) - $5,373
7. Frank DiRe (Columbus, NJ) - $4,332
8. Travis Greenawalt (Landisville, PA) - $3,235
9. Robert Morelli (Selden, NY) - 2,193
10. Andersen Almonte (Bronx, NY) - 1,426