Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Event 8: 4th Place - Dene

$350 + $50 Deep Stack NLH (Re-Entry)

 Peter Dene (Pearl River, NY) 
$8,810

In the biggest pot of the tournament Peter Dene makes a move against Mike Dentale and ends up on the rail.

On a flop of 5 9 K♠, Dene bets 1 million and Dentale calls.

Turn: A♠

Dene moves all in for 1.1 million and has Dentale covered.

After going in the tank, Dentale says, "I don't think I'm good enough to fold this."  A minute later Dentale makes the call.

Dentale: A♠ 5(two pairs)
Dene: 9 7♠ (pair of nines)

When the river bricks, Dene is out in 4th place.  

"I had him after the flop and I thought he was going to fold," says Dene, a high school teacher in New York who's on spring break.  "I tried to make a move, but he made a great call and I guess I got out played a little bit."

Dentale is now the massive chip leader with more than 5 million chips.

"He told me he respected my game, which I really appreciated," says Dene,  "I only play home games and to go against guys who are here all the time is pretty good."

Dene finishes in 4th place for $8,810.

No comments:

Post a Comment